We recently received this sponsorship request. Since it covered what we were looking for when we sponsor riders, we’d thought we’d share it as a good example of “how to write a sponsorship application letter”.
In case you were wondering, yes we decided to offer Marcus Blagrove a product-based sponsorship! Our decision was based on the following factors:
- the rider’s current overall UMCA 24hr world championship standing for 2017 (yes we check this)
- an active, substantial social media following
- they have tailored the letter specifically to us and talked about how they think vertebrae cable housing would help them
- an ability to act as a brand ambassador and be pro active with your product endorsements/sponsorships
- the age of the rider and the amount of time the rider can remain competitive in the sport discipline
- the rider presents an obvious “mutually benefical” scenario which we almost can’t ignore.
- a well written, clear and concise letter; one page is all that is needed
- clearly a great passion for cycling
It may pay some young riders to read through this sponsorship proposal, follow how it is written:
- First the rider gets straight to the point about what they want (our time is precious).
- Then they introduce themselves straight afterwards
- They give some relevant background info and pertinent recent race results.
- They let the race results speak for themselves. I.e. the rider is confident yet friendly/approachable, with no ego
- Next they write about how they can help us with exposure (that is all we are really looking for, and to provide you with the world’s best cables in return for that).
- They have listed all of their social media accounts.
- They have also listed other sponsors who are already on board.
- They give one final sentence summarising or concluding the letter
We do consider other types of races. We’re particularly interested in mass-start road races (either male or female). Vertebrae cable housing has many advantages which suit all race disciplines.
If you’d like to be sponsored, or you know someone that could benefit from this opportunity, please get in touch with us.